The View – April 2023
Apr 1, 2023
Linda and John Robinson, at 9964 Chelsea Lake Road, are longtime residents (30 years) and proud great-grandparents of 3 youngsters.As many probably know, the Robinsons love landscaping and their residence shows it! Landscaping is a family affair: Linda selects; John...
The View – September 2022
Aug 23, 2022
Congratulations to Denise Harkins, September’s Deercreek View honoree! Denise, residing at 8136 Suffield Court, has lived in Deercreek since 1993. Her home is very attractively landscaped with manicured plantings along the front and sides of her house, creating the...
The View – July 2022
Jun 30, 2022
Located along a beautifully shaded section of Vineyard Lake Road, our July Deercreek View homeowners are Peter and Janet Daechsel. They moved to Deercreek from Toronto, Canada in 1998 with their two children Andrew and Alison. Adapting to their Florida home, the...
The View June 2022
Jun 1, 2022
Congratulations to Joe and Maryann Grauwiler, our View of the Month for June 2022. Joe and Maryann moved to Deercreek in 2003 as a result of his company's relocation from New Hampshire. They are active in Deercreek and absolutely love living here. Buying an existing...
The View May 2022
Apr 25, 2022
Tarek and Anju Patel, our View for May, built their home at 9969 Chelsea Lake Road in 1997. They have enjoyed raising their two sons, Suraj and Shaan, in Deercreek and are proud of them both graduating from the University of Florida (Shaan, this month). As you can see...
The View November 2021
Nov 1, 2021
The Flynn residence is our November Landscape View. Located at 10119 Deercreek Club Road East, it overlooks the ladies’ tee box on the eleventh hole of the Deercreek golf course. Cary and Gregg Flynn have lived in Deercreek for 12 years and they love their home and...
The View October 2021
Oct 1, 2021
Tucked away in the enclave often referred to as ‘the clubhouses’, the home of Diane and John Peed is our Deercreek View for October 2021. Their home is known in the neighborhood as a home with gorgeous landscaping. Located at 7840 Heather Lake Court East, it sits on a...
The View September 2021
Sep 1, 2021
The home of Duke and Ally Kessell stands out for its varied and colorful landscaping, making it a great choice for September’s Landscape View. Located at 9968 Chelsea Lake Road, and framed by stately oaks with magnificent staghorn ferns nestled in their branches,...
The View July 2021
Jun 23, 2021
July’s Deercreek View is awarded to Charles and Becky Walker at 8266 Persimmon Hill Lane. Their home, featuring a stacked stone facade and white trim against a gray roof and walls, is striking in appearance. Combined with an immaculate paver driveway and court, their...
The View June 2021
Jun 23, 2021
June’s Landscape View Award, presented by the Home and Garden Club, recognizes Pedro and Jannet Rodriguez at 9966 Cider Keg Court. Their location on a cul-de-sac off McLaurin Road captures the sunlight with a patterned paver driveway and entry court flanking their...
(Revised September 2007)
- Nominations are encouraged and considered. All nominations should be given to one of the committee members by the last week of the month. Final selection of the award is the decision of the committee.
- The committee looks for additional embellishments to the landscape by use of flowers- annuals or perennials, container plantings, various trellis vines, hanging baskets etc. Maintenance of the yard can be either by the homeowner or an outside company. Minimal use of artificial plants (door wreaths, potted plants) will be considered in the nominating process.
- The lawn and plantings must be healthy and well groomed. The grass should be mowed and edged. The shrubbery size should be in proportion to the home, neatly trimmed and not overgrown. Bedding areas should be free of weeds, dead shrubs or trees and give a neat appearance.
- In addition to the total appeal of front and back landscaping, the award can be given for any special area of interest such as a rose garden, arbor, gazebo areas, Japanese gardens, waterfalls, ponds, butterfly garden or fountains.
- The landscape should enhance the home. Judicious use of plant material should lend a harmonious feel to the overall landscaping plan, rather than overdone or disjointed appearance with too many varieties of plants, trees etc. The driveway and entrance should be clean and clutter free.