Lakes & More! Common Property
Recap submitted by Parrinder Terry
We welcome the holiday season; a festive time for us but quiet time for our lakes. The temperatures are kind and algae growth mild. Solitude Lake Management will take the next few months to continue the established treatment plan and raise any new concerns. However, lakes are not all we do and despite COVID19 contractor resource constraints that plagued us much of this year, our Chair, Nancy Blacker, has worked diligently to lead the committee in driving home several key initiatives. We’d like to highlight a few.
• Entertained bids for Deercreek’s Lake maintenance contract
• Renewed Solitude Lake Management contract
• Reviewed key options to improve lake health
• Re-mulched playground with rubber mulch
• Replaced old playground benches with new ones
• Installed new commercial grade aluminum fence on the playground
• Removed dead trees and trees trimmed throughout the community
• Added new sod and landscaping for medians from Southside Blvd. to the guard gate
• Upgraded lighting for front Fountains
• Cleaned ditches and drains throughout the community to prevent flooding
• Partnered with Blakeford Mill Rd. residents to make improvements to corner of Blakeford Mill Rd. and Deercreek Club Rd.
• Contributed $2000 to add to the Garden Club’s $2000 donation for new Christmas decorations
• Submitted proposed 2022 budget. Includes plans for: Gate house upgrades, new landscaping for all community medians, new mailboxes throughout the neighborhood and more…
OTE: We will be applying for 2022 Jacksonville $5000 grant for community improvements.
Thanks to each of you for your support this year and Happy Holidays from Common Property!
Nancy Blacker, Lane Lowry, Parrinder Terry, Gary Smith, Deb Fritz, Paul Davidson, Rajiv Gupta, and Maxwell Zahn with Steve Milkey as our Board liaison.