It is hard to believe that we are entering the third month of 2022, so on behalf of the Board of Directors for the Homeowners Association, I would like to share some of the initiatives for the coming year.
In the last quarter of 2021, we developed financial plans, both operating and reserve. In addition, we set goals to include the items identified below.
• Recreation Committee – Pickleball was of high interest based upon comments from the survey last spring. Discussions with the club resulted in a forthcoming agreement to build two courts between the number 8 tennis court and the basketball court on club property. Also, included is an ADA-compliant restroom adjacent to the tennis center. The pickleball courts and the restroom facilities will be available to all residents. The estimated timeframe will be July of this year.
• The recreation committee is chaired by Alan Evelyn and Board liaison Steve Malick. They are in the process of developing a charter and will enlist volunteers for the committee. The committee’s responsibility is to create amenities and community activities for enjoyment by all.
• Emphasis on a higher standard of maintenance for all common property.
• Review of our security contract, (as per our rules), this happens approximately every three years. A Request for Proposal (RFP) will be developed, bid and a contract will be awarded.
• A full review of all our covenant documents as well as another annual survey for resident input. The survey will be sent within the month, please respond when the survey arrives, we look forward to receiving your feedback. The Board hopes to continue the survey annually to provide a means for residents to have input. As was done last year, we will share the results of the survey once collected.
Please feel free to reach out to any Board member or me if you have any questions.
Deercreek HOA President